Friday 12 September 2014

Website Building - Madison Galloway




Website Building - Madison Galloway


Throughout my research of website building, domain names and hosting business I have finally come to a conclusion and found exactly what I am looking for. First off I bought my domain name and host through blue host. The domain name is a once off fee and the hosting is a set price per month. Next I needed a website builder that allowed me to have full control over my website an enable me to design it exactly how I want. For this I used Wordpress, which is usually just for blogs however I got a specially designed theme for photography called pro photo which, I bought. Although it is a bit on the expensive side I came to a decision that it was worth the money from looking at many reviews and its reputation. Some of Australia's most professional and well known photographs use this template for their website including Jonas Peterson. The good thing about Wordpress is you can get many different plugins that assist in personally customizing everything in your website. You can get plugins to assist with SEO along with galleries that can be pass worded for clients to view their images. Most are free but some of the higher end plugins are paid. Within pro photo can you purchase more specific themes and layouts for your website to save time rather then building it from scratch for yourself but if you truly want your website unique you'll start front nothing as I did. Pro Photo's customization options are endless with you being able to decide the pixel size, colour and drop shadows of your backgrounds to what email your contact form goes to and what details that you would like to receive from enquiries. Being especially made for professional photographers it has many available options for presenting your work/portfolio as a slideshow, slider, light box or just images in a post. Once you get your head around where to find everything, you will notice the back end of your website is categorised easily for you to find what aspects you would like to alter.


Below is a screen grab of the back end of a Wordpress website and the pro photo customisation section.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.