Monday 25 August 2014

Andrew Braithwaite

Andrew Braithwaite is a Sydney based photography who focuses mainly on street photography but also excels in almost every other area of photography such as landscape and creative portraits.

This image is one of my favourite examples of Braithwaite's street photography. Taken on the Rose Bay Ferry in Sydney this photo really appeals to me as it captures and documents the lifestyle of humans and tourists in the 21st Century- always using their smart phones. What appeals to me most about this image is the irony of a photographer photographing people who believe they are instantly a photographer because they can take a quick snap on their phone, slap a filter on it and voila!

Taken in Surrey Hills, Sydney. The symmetry, colours and the intrigue of the subject of this image are what appeal most to me. The four young men appear to be dancing, was it a late night or an early morning? The fact that he shot this with the subjects further away from him rather than waiting until they were closer and clearer makes it more intriguing and gives a more candid feel to the image.
I've recently become more and more interested in street photography, I've been wanting to go back to Sydney for a while now and looking through Andrew's pictures just makes me more eager then ever to go down and try my hand at some street photography in a city other than my home town, Brisbane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.